Jane was born in Kent, England and has always had a great interest in nature and art. In 1991, Jane, her husband and four young children moved to Australia. Their home is situated in a peaceful bushland environment from which Jane draws upon much of her inspiration. The continual movement of life that gets missed in the rush of the normal day to day is part of her motivation to capture some sense of perspective and bring it into focus.
Having a close eye for detail, Jane strives for an intimate understanding of her subject. Working mainly in the studio, surrounding herself with reference material, including sketches, photographs, representative animal or bird skins, she will build upon a foundation of good composition, aspects of light and shade and tonal ranges, executing the painting with whatever medium supports her subject.
A steady demand for her work exists, selling through exhibtions, galleries, private commissions and some illustrative work.
View more of Jane's work at: www.janedingwall.com
Awards & Achievements:
- Commended- Wildlife Art Society - Wild Awards - 2014
- Best Mixed Media - Sandy Point Art Show - 2014
- Commended - Mornington Rotary Art Exhibition - 2014
- People's Choice Award - Sandy Point Art Show - 2013
- Best Other Medium - Mornington Rotary Art Exhibition - 2011
- Highly Commended - Presidents Award Herring island exhibition - Wildlife Art Society of Australasia - 2008
- Commended - Mornington Rotary Art Exhibition - 2007
- Highly Commended - Rosebud Rotary Art Exhibition - 2004
- Highly Commended - Mornington Rotary Art Exhibition - 2002
- Highly commended - Mornington Rotary Art Exhibition - 2002
- Best watercolour - Mornington Rotary Art Exhibition - 2002
- The Geoff Douglas Memorial Award - Wildlife Art Society of Australasia Inc. - 2001
- The Geoff Douglas Memorial Award - Wildlife Art Society of Australasia Inc. -1999
- Illustrated Emma's Journey - 2000 for Authors and Horticultural Botanists - Bill Molyneux and Sue Forrester